Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gonna Get My Chili On, Homie

No, I'm not making chili. When I was at work this week, one of the touchup artists (a guy who looks like he could either be an ultimate fighting champion or at least be the #1 fan of the sport) was heating up canned chili in the kitchen and said those words to me completely seriously. I retreated to my cube and proceeded to laugh for 4 days.

I've been keeping busy and having a terrific time. I suspect that I even had a celebutante sighting the other day. It *might* have been Paris. I noticed someone in their car sticking out among the other, more ordinary looking drivers in Hollywood. I wasn't sure who it might be but the next day on tmz.com they had a photo of Hilton driving and it looked exactly like the person I spotted. But everyone here wears sunglasses at all times in order to confuse you about whether they're famous or not. Is it possible that the overuse of sunglasses is what caused L.A.'s culture of detachment? Isn't it pretty important to see someone's eyes when you are talking to them, or even walking by? What are they looking at? I must know!

How are things with you, blog reader?

I took my time making this salad. Cooking is like kissing, I think. It's best when you're not in a rush.

No comments: