Tuesday, July 31, 2007

An Omen

This morning I took my car to get serviced. I had about an hour to kill so I decided to take a walk, find a nice cafe someplace, have a coffee and a pastry or something for breakfast. I walked and walked through the wasteland known otherwise as Glendale until I finally found a little mexican bakery. Looked a little grungy but I figured what the hell, it was the only place I'd come across in 30 mins. I poured myself some coffee and when I tried to add sugar, the big metal lid from the container falls off and straight into my cup, splashing me with hot coffee. At this point I wished I could crawl back into bed and start the day again.


After cleaning myself up some, I grabbed a croissant, paid and thanked the owner lady who was actually pretty nice to me post-accident. Actually, I was kind of pissed at this shitty little place with its insecure lids. In any case, I headed out the door and started walking with my coffee and croissant bag in hand.


I walked and I walked in search of a place to sit down and enjoy my breakfast. Any bench or table or anything would have been great. No dice. I turned onto Chevy Chase blvd. hoping to find a park or something. Finally, I could see some green stuff coming up and my hopes were raised thinking it might actually be a park coming up. When I arrived I saw it was just a landscaped apartment building called "Central Park". It felt like an omen straight out of The Alchemist.

No comments: