Thursday, August 24, 2006

This Salad Will Make You Some Friends


I'm catching up on food picture uploads to my Flickr stream. This salad was created by the skillful culinary masterwork of Natalie a few weeks ago.

I need a better camera in order to get better depth-of-field in my food pictures. This is becoming an obsession. Is there a self-help book or a twelve step program to help me?

On a totally unrelated note but a blogably worthwhile tangent, I saw a big column of smoke rising out of the Warner Bros. studio lot on my commute home today. There were at least six helicopters flying low and buzzing around the scene. I was sure they'd crash into each other but, no dice. Two of the heli's were actually firefighting copters and I saw them dumping water on the site of the fire, which was actually on the hillside behind the studio and not on the lot itself. I have no idea what could have caused it, but I didn't see any wreckage and the fire was out by the time I drove by. Update: It was a brush fire

My hunch as to the real cause? Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise must have gotten very drunk, and hatched a plan to burn down the Paramount studio. Unfortunately in their stumbly rage, they burned down the wrong studio's empty mountainside. They're both really sorry and will soon issue a statement on the matter.

The Scientology building can see me.

No comments: