Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hung

Last night I checked out that comedy show. Some of the sketches were really funny, but others were a disappointment. Neither Andy Dick nor Ask a Ninja performed live, but ninja was there as his alter-ego: Fat Nerd. Before the show started the music playing was a lounge singer doing various songs that were kind of funny sung in that style, like Welcome To The Jungle.

Noteworthy Sketches:
  • Matthew McConaughey as a monster in a little girl's closet. The guy doing the impression was just spot on and had some memorable lines like "I prefer to see the rose in the vase and not the dust on the counter, hombre."

  • Two English professors from Harvard and Yale discussing the genius of Mark Twain, intercut with Mark Twain giving the real truth: "I wanted to find a word that rhymed with Fuckleberry", "I changed my name so women know I will get 'twain their legs".

  • Two people from MadTV did a sketch about urban clowns. This one had me laughing the hardest. It was about a new urban dance called crumpin'. They dance around like fools and then the guy clocks the girl. He informs us that while crumpin' may look like domestic violence, it's really a dance. They repeat the dance and beating. Hard to do it justice, but they had the 3 keys to my heart: clowns, sexual violence, and dancing.

  • I got pretty drunk during all this. Prices were nutty. A gin & tonic was $8 plus tip, and a Heineken was $6. That's on account of "half price beers".

    Today I went to home depot and got the tools I needed to properly hang my bathroom shelf and kitchen rail. The shelf proved difficult because one of the holes was blocked by cement or metal or something, so I had to improvise. I have a second shelf like the one I hung in the bathroom but now I don't know what to do with it. Anyway, it's up and my stuff is on it but I have a feeling that it's not so secure. The rail, on the other hand, is great. I think there's supposed to be a way to hang the dish rack from the rail, but I couldn't figure it out so I'm just going to use that thing for hanging pots and pans. My kitchen feels nice and organized. Have a look-see!



    No comments: