Thursday, May 04, 2006

Catsup With Me

Sunday Morning

Last night with Dave was fun. We had dinner at an Italian place called Max's, and then went bar hopping. He seems to either know the city well by now, or was just leading me down random streets and picking random bars. There are enough bars in New York. The last place we wandered into was Coyote Ugly. Kind of a fun juvenile feel to the place... Lots of cute girls. The whole dancing on the bar thing surprisingly didn't do it for me. Maybe because they were all terrible dancers and didn't use fire like the mamacitas in the movie.

These are the places we went to, in order: The Stoned Crow, Bar Peculier, Botanica, The Magician, and Coyote Ugly. If I was a more enterprising nerd, I would plot these on a Google map as I had originally intended. But I have no time.

Today I've been promised a really tasty bagel at a place nearby. I'll probably go to catch a train to Princeton at around 4 or so. I have a slight hangover, but I woke up at 11 and couldn't really sleep more. Sharing a bed with David sucks. He hogs the blanket *and* sodomizes. Right, Shoshi? Okay so I didn't sleep in David's bed. I improvised a bed out of the two little couches and some homeless guy carcasses stacked up. What, too soon?

Sunday Afternoon

So the bagel place will remain a mystery to me. But we ended up having an awesome brunch with Willa at a Brazilian place. We sat outside and acquaintances of Willa & Dave's kept walking by and talking obsessively about where to go for brunch. It was very New York, I loved it. After breakfast we walked around for a while and stumbled on the 20th annual Squatters Mayday in Union Square Park. It was basically a DJ with a huge sound system blasting techno while a couple of hot girls danced with hula hoops. We were mesmerized for what seemed like an eternity. We also had some Belgian ice cream.

Thursday Night

I have been too busy to really keep this thing updated. That's a good thing. I want to be too busy to document my every movement :) The meeting days were boring, but the dinners were good and you can't argue with free. You capitalist pig.

Tomorrow night I am going to see a comedy show. It'll be my first official night out in L.A. and I'm going hand solo. Ask A Ninja dude will be there, as will Andy Dick, and some other comedians. Should be a blast. Maybe Andy Dick will make fun of me for being so handsome!

No comments: