Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mental Health Day

This morning I woke up and went for a walk around the farmer's market. I thought about buying strawberries because they always look so good but I have too much food. I went to Borders and bought myself a yoga mat and a couple of books (Franny and Zooey, Kafka on the Shore).

On Shoshi's advice, I went for a drive to the beach. I took the 101 to Malibu canyon, and then took that road to the ocean. It really is a nice drive, through mountains and stuff. And, as Shoshi promised, at the end of the canyon road, I was shat out onto the pacific highway. I took it to santa monica, parked, and walked around the beach and pier. It was a little ronery being in that area around so many couples holding hands doing what appears to be the #1 most popular date activity in L.A. But I had an ice cream and it was nice and peaceful. There are many street/pier performers in that area. Most of them are based solely on the idea of balancing a spinning ball on stuff. Pretty lame when compared to the crazy sword juggling contortionist dude we saw in NYC. And he was slick about asking for money; these people just guilt the crowd and don't do the grand finale until they pass around their bucket.

So yah, that's about all. It was a pretty calm and relaxing day overall. Now I'm back in my place and ready to attack some Thai leftovers.

1 comment:

Gillios said...

My humble apologies, sensei.