Monday, April 17, 2006

The Excitement Never Ends!

I probably had a bunch of stuff to write about, but in my colossal stupidity, I stepped out for a walk and forgot my key. The drug store was closed, and I grabbed a pizza slice on the way back. At $3.24 for a cheese slice it was a big ripoff. Then came the suckiness of realizing I didn't have my key. Had to wait about an hour for the maintenance guy to come and let me in. I feel like such a clito. Did we trade places? Is this like an extended director's cut of Freaky Friday? Adam, are you getting places on time? God save us.

Let's see if I can remember anything else...

First day of work, nothing exciting. My hours will be 9-6 including a one hour lunch. It felt good to leave the office and know how much moolah I made for just sitting there with thumb in ass. Although, my work machine runs linux and access to the outside world is tightly controlled, so I don't think I'll be able to chat on msn or anything. It seems that I'll have to do actual real work for the entire 8 hours of "work". Sucky. The office building campus is kinda cool though. There is a tennis court, vollyball court, basketball court, and life-size chess in the various open areas between buildings. It's really beautifully landscaped. I look forward to playing chess with myself and having my coworkers think I'm some demented genius. When in fact I'm a dumbass who get locked out within 3 days of moving into an apartment. Good times!

I went to see a potential used Camry to buy, it was perfect but for the fact that the guy selling it only wanted to get rid of it at the end of the month. I can't keep a rental for that long so I'm kinda screwed there. He was a nice gent though. Indian fellow who works at WB doing some software. He is moving back to India to be with his family or something. I think he just misses the curry because the car had no smell to it and that means he probably isn't getting any.

My across the hall neighbour is probably a cool guy. While I was standing in the hall waiting to be rescued, he was blasting Jay-Z. He's probably at least as cool as me if he likes Jay-Z, right??

One of the co-workers is named Auke. He is dutch and it took me a long time to remember that you pronounce his name like "awww-kah".

Tune in tomorrow, I'll probably lose a jacket.

No comments: