Saturday, April 22, 2006

Gil Kan Kook

Okay so my culinary skills are generally limited to bringing frozen or dehydrated foods up to their edible states, but it still counts as cooking!

Today I went to see a couple of car possibilities. Right now I'm torn between a '97 Accord that needs some work but is cheaper and a '00 Civic that needs nothing but costs more. There are many variables.

Oxymoron of the day: City National Bank on Sunset near the strip.

For dinner I'm making some rice, frozen stir fry veggies, and these chicken tender things. My cookin' music is Feist; she's not just for makeouts anymore! Tomorrow I'll make a nice pad thai, I would have tonight but the chicken wasn't thawed. I'm writing this before I taste my cooking because, well, I don't want to know if it comes out bad :) The rice especially I had to eyeball the water, 'cause I got not measuring cup. I also have no spices other than salt and oregano. I have no cooking oil but only butter. Fun facts about the Gil bachelor life!

Next weekend I'm flying down to Jersey for a couple days of meetings, along with the rest of the team from Burbank. The great news is that they're gonna fly me into NYC early so I can hang out with Dave for a day or two before joining up with the rest of the cats in good 'ole Princeton, NJ. Business travel rules when you have someone to see!

No comments: