Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Favourite Grownup Activity

Well, maybe it's a tie. But I'll get to it.

Today was another work day, I'm going to start spreading out the updates because really not much happens when you're at work. Although I will say this, I am deriving a lot of amusement out of work because the design of the thing I'm working on is so bad. I don't feel like writing a whole lot about that, and most of you people who aren't Jenn are probably not interested in hearing what I have to say about user interface design, but suffices to say that this one is very very bad. So that was work. For lunch I had a salad from the 50km long salad bar they have at the office cafeteria. It's pretty freakin' good. I never got the fascination with salad bars until now. They have every topping you could ever want to put on a salad. It reminded me of my dad, who is world renowned for his nutty "everything" which really make use of every available thing that could possibly go on top of a salad including nuts and seeds. I just had one with chicken and mushrooms and some feta. It was good and a much needed shot of vitamins. I can see myself transitioning to just this kind of food because I felt so much better after eating it than the guy who ate a greasy burger and curly fries.

After work I went grocery shopping. Yes, I really enjoy the process of shopping for my own food. It's so impulsive, and yet I spent at least 5 minutes trying to pick out which butter to get. Afterwards I had to go to the drug store to buy hand moisturizer (still haven't recovered from the damage your fucking Canadian winter did to my sensitive sabra hands). One of the aisles contained condoms and feminine hygiene products on one side, and children's toys on the other. This is the kind of stuff that I chuckle at when I'm alone.

Still no car. The rentals are bleeding me dry, I'm going to start taking cabs.

1 comment:

Gillios said...

In-and-Out? Is that like a gay burger joint?