Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Didn't Bring The Gray Hoodie

On Purpose. So I've arrived! It was a pretty exhausting journey. After I boarded the plane from philly to L.A., the pilot decided he wanted to grab a (very) early lunch, parked the plane for an hour, and ran down to that place where the cook has a gun. Anyway, after landing I ran around lugging my 5,000 lb luggage, got a rental car, and checked myself into the fanciest marriot in bev hills. I got in touch with a girl about a loft in Hollywood and went down to see it. I like this place muchly so I think I'm gonna take it.

It's located on a street called Cosmo near Hollywood Blvd. You can see the location on google maps here

I wanted a place in Santa Monica, but it's too ridiculous a drive to work every day, and frankly, since I'll be going to work 100x more than the beach it makes no sense to live by the beach. Although, I am going to do a test run. Tomorrow morning I'm heading to the 'monica for a bit of fresh air, and then I'll simulate a commute to work at burbank from there at rush hour. The loft is nice, it's a former furniture warehouse, newly converted into loft space. They were filming an episode of Monk there earlier in the day, and when I showed up to see it there were 2 fake cop cars parked on the street. I thought it meant the loft is in a sketchy 'hood until I saw they were "SF PD" cars.

I hate my new digital one-rate cell phone plan. The reception is horrible. I had chicken pot pie from one of the L.A. equivalents of Soby's. I also have a tube of cheezums flavour pringles but I can't get myself to open it because my stomach hurts from all the crap I've eaten in the last few days. Pesach officially broken. I'm sorry God, but you know how it is when you move to a new city. Of course you do. You know how it is when everything.

No comments: