Sunday, April 16, 2006

Never Underestimate My Love For Ikea

So today I don't have much to talk about. I got up and drove out to burbank to the Ikea store to pick up some space-wise organizing solutions for my domestic vida loca. Ikea is so fucking good. I can't properly express the feeling I have when I'm there and all of the products I want to buy are even in the right order as I walk down the unidirectional arrow path through the various departments. They have freakin' frying pans for $2.99! WTF! I also bought some wall-mounted shelving for the bathroom and a thing for the kitchen where I can put dishes and hang pans. Damn those Swedes!

Anyway, once I got back I decided to have a walk through the farmer's market that they have here right outside my building every Sunday. It's real good with live music and all sorts of fresh prepared food and produce for sale. I heard good things about the tamales, but I got a chicken souvlaki lunch instead and ate it in my apartment. Once that was done I had to drive the rental car back to the airport so I could rent another car for a few more days with the intention of returning it to burbank near my work. On the way out of my parking spot I dinged the corner of a parked Audi TT. Luckily it was super slow and I'm reasonably sure I didn't do damage to either car. Just scuffs. But it left me with an uneasy stressed out feeling for the rest of the day.

That's about it, I had lined up an Acura Integra to see but the girl called me and told me she sold it. Shitty. If I don't find a car by wednesday, I'll have to start taking cabs to and from work. It actually works out to be cheaper than renting a car and I can probably get by on foot the rest of the time until I get wheels.

Random Notes:
  • I saw my first prostitute this afternoon. She was walking along Hollywood just east of Vine. I was considering tapping that, but it turned out she wasn't into Battlestar Galactica. So I figured I'd wait for someone better to come along.

  • I passed by the "famous" Laugh Factory comedy club, and noted to myself that Jon Lovitz performs there every Wednesday. I'll have to check that out sometime.
  • No comments: