Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hari "Can You Hear Me Now?" Krishna

Today for lunch I had salad. I make sure to eat a salad at least every other day at work. It's so tasty, but I think my body is not accustomed to the input because by 3pm my stomach was hurting.

So I'm planning a caper.

Here's the story, my boss's wife has a client/friend who is the widow of a famous director (Stanley Kramer), this lady has a particular task that she has requested of my boss while he's in New York next week with the rest of us. She needs him to take a painting of her's to Sothenby's to be appraised/authenticated. If it's real, it could be worth anywhere between $5 million and $10 million. The world expert on the particular painter will be in NYC this weekend so it presents a perfect opportunity. However, the boss is understandably nervous about walking around with a piece of paper worth 5 mil. So if anyone wants "in", let me know. I need the following: a wheel man, someone who can get things, a master of disguise, a hot sassy dame (not for the caper, for me), and a contortionist (optionally for me).

Sometimes you get crazy stories out here. Apparently there is a very well known guy in the "industry" named Wook. He actually legally changed his name to Wook. He has a big crazy beard and is a bit of an eccentric. He goes into meetings in sandals and overalls, swears like a sailor, and has been known to throw $12,000 computer equipment at a wall in frustration.

There's someone who owns a Z8 at the building where I work. I don't know who he is, but I hate him. There are also about a million Z4's here. Seriously. I went to Fry's Electronics and saw four of them leaving the parking lot as I was entering. I want I want I want.

Oh, as for the title, I saw three Hari Krishna's (or buddhist monks I can't tell) shopping for a cell phone at Fry's. It made me smile.

No comments: