Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Great News

I got screws! Now I have everything I need for my weekend of putting on overalls and going all Holmes on Homes. In other much less important news, I found a car that I'm settling for and probably buying on saturday morning. It's a '98 civic with some modifications that I really don't want but some asian kid must have thought were the coolest things in the world. I am becoming what I've always despised: a performance-oriented asian. Not that there's anything wrong with performance, or Asians for that matter.

Work was work, still getting set up etc. During my lunch break I had to go return a rental car and rent another car, so I didn't have time to eat. And I went to see the Civic after work, so I didn't get any food in me until 8ish. I made frozen pizza and decided to pre-eat so that I don't stuff myself with dough. I had some campbell's soup-at-hand (same old shitty campbell's soup, but now with a plastic sipping lid!), and some greens with newman's own honey mustard dressing. I had hoped these relatively unfattening things would fill me up and I'd eat less pizza. But I ended up eating about what I would have eaten anyway. So now I'm bloated.

Speaking of bloated, I discovered a slimfast shake hidden in the fridge behind the giant gallon of milk. It's pretty obvious that it was hidden on purpose because the fridge was pretty much empty when I got it except for the milk and wonderbread. But among the canned goods she left, there is also a little container of dehydrated beef granules. Now that can't be healthy, damn it!

Speaking of beef granules, when driving to see the car, I passed by a tall brownstone building with a big sign on the top saying "Gaylord". Now, this wasn't a billboard, this is the kind of sign that buildings put on top to announce the name of the building like it's a landmark.

On the way back I was driving north on Vine and finally saw the Hollywood sign. I hadn't seen it before until now. I realize that the evil scientology building is blocking my view of The Mighty Sign. Forgive us our scientology, oh Sign!

No comments: