Saturday, April 07, 2007

Joshi Detox: Day 3

So far, so good. My sleep has gotten much more regular, and it's easier to fall asleep than it used to be. This morning I had to wake up to go to work, but, being a Saturday, my alarm wasn't set to go off. Nevertheless, I woke up at 7:42 and was very alert. No need for snoozing.


I ordered a pull-up bar and skipping rope from Amazon. They're both very cheap and will allow me to work out at home. I need to excercise more, because although I wake up alert, I still feel a little low in energy. Must be my body doing anything it can to avoid using up that lovely fat it has stored up. Don't worry, body, plenty more where that came from!



Dinner last night was pretty tasty, I used the bamboo steamer for the first time to heat up some frozen veggies. I need more practice with this method of cooking. I took the veggies out the first time and they were still frozen on the inside, and then I left them in too long and they came out all mushy. The lemon rosemary chicken breast smelled amazing and tasted good too.



Since the cafeteria is closed today, I had to bring my own lunch. I packed a box full of carrot and celery sticks, and made a salad with some leftover chicken. Delish! For dinner I'm making baked mahi mahi with edamame and spinach as sides.


Today's food plan:
Banana for breakfast, salad for lunch, carrot and celery sticks to snack, and mahi mahi with edamame and spinach for dinner.
Water and Green Tea to drink.


Things I miss:
Mashed potatoes


Song of the day:
When in Rome - The Promise (gave me goosebumps for some reason)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That diet sounds good. Can you send me that book you are reading so that I can join you?

Sh.

Gillios said...

Umm, it'd be easier if you just pick it up at chapters like I did for 20 bucks. Most of it is useless talk about the type of water you should drink and so forth.