Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Joshi Detox: Day 6

Today I noticed a subtle improvement in my health. I cut my fingernails and they are much stronger and less brittle than they used to be. Can you take a clipped fingernail and bend it so that it curves backward? I can!


I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Gil you must get out there and begin fighting crime immediately!". But alas, I am still vulnerable to papercuts, so not quite ready for superhero prime time.



Yesterday's eating was pretty unremarkable, apart from the fact that I'm less and less hungry for dinner these days. I pretty much had to force myself to cook something small at 8:30. Late dinner, bad! I put too much black bean sauce in the stir fry and it came out way too salty.


I promised I'd discuss supplements today, but I only had time to research Chromium. Joshi's book recommends taking Chromium supplements as a weight loss aid. This is the kind of stuff that makes me shit all over holistic medicine.


According to Ask the Dietician, it is known that when Chromium is lacking, the effectiveness of insulin is lessened and you get an impaired tolerance to glucose. The only people with Chromium deficiencies are those that rely on intravenous fluids for all of their nutrition for a long time. Drawing the conclusion that taking extra Chromium supplments would have any effect on metabolism is a fallacy. Not only is there no proof that it does something good, but there is, in fact, evidence that taking excess amounts of Chromium can lead to kidney and liver damage.


Today's food plan:
Skipped breakfast, big no-no!
Chicken and tofu stir fry for lunch.
Salad for dinner.
Water and Green Tea to drink.


Things I miss:
Mozzerella cheese


Song of the day:
Blur - Girls and Boys

1 comment:

francesca said...

hey i thought you could eat mozzarella??