Thursday, April 12, 2007

Joshi Detox: Day 8

Yesterday things got a little turned around. I planned to have salad lunch but went out with the co-workers. They decided to go to Johnny Rocket's, which is one of a small handful of places that I can't find anything to eat at whatsoever. So I went around the corner to the mall food court and picked up some shitty chicken teryaki, and had to refuse rice and noodles and get all veggie. So to balance out that "junk" food, I had a nice salad for dinner, along with loads of carrot and celery sticks and some chamomile tea.



Yesterday's breakfast was sort of tasty. I sauteed some spinache and then scrambled it up with some eggs and rice milk. Rice milk has a sweet flavour and helped balance out the bitterness of the spinach. It tasted almost nutty. This photo also shows a bad habit I've formed: eating while doing other things. I almost never sit at the table and eat. I'm always either eating while using the computer or eating while watching tv.


The chapter about week 2 in the Joshi book is pure filler. Seriously, it doesn't mention anything new whatsoever. Just reiterates that you should be excercising 3 times a week at least. This is the main thing I'm not following as I should. But I did install the pullup bar last night. The installation counts as a workout in and of itself because it was effin' hard to drive in the wood screws by hand. Surely with proper tools this would be a breeze, but what can ya do?


Tonight I'm going to do up a nice dinner: grilled chicken breast with brown rice and asparagus.


As an aside, I have received complaints about my song choices. A certain someone, let's call him Wal, has claimed that I have been listening to the same songs for 5 years and am in dire need of new cds. First off, he's right. Secondly, these songs are probably the worst offenders because I've mostly been listening to the musical equivalent of comfort food for the last couple of weeks, so my cornyness should and will be forgiven. Today's song is off an album that ain't even out yet, so there.


Today's food plan:
Giant banana for breakfast.
Salad for lunch.
Grilled chicken breast with brown rice and asparagus for dinner.
Water and Green Tea to drink.


Things I miss:
Orzo


Song of the day:
Feist - I Feel It All

1 comment:

Gillios said...

Not here. Here they have *a* salad and it's a ham and egg salad or something nasty.