Sunday, April 08, 2007

Joshi Detox: Day 4

Yesterday was my first social outing on Joshi. I went to see Grindhouse with a pal, and had to refuse popcorn. Refuse popcorn! Anyway that was comparatively easy since there was a movie to watch. I don't know what I'll do when I inevitably end up at a bar in the next 17 days.


Vegas will also be extremely difficult. I'm going for a day and a half to attend the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) conference. I wouldn't stand a chance at the buffets.



Last night's dinner was okay. The edamame was delicious but I guess I didn't strain the spinach properly 'cause it tasted mostly like barfy water. The mahi mahi came in its own marinade and spices, so it came out pretty good. I have a second cooked fillet in the fridge and I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Maybe something crazy like shred it and throw into a stir fry.


Today I'm doing the first "liver flush", which is a weekly drink the book instructs you to make. I'll tell you the ingredients tomorrow, but there is no eye of newt or toe of frog.


I'm counting the days (3) until Passover is, well, over, and I can expand my foodiverse to include brown rice and gluten-free muesli.


I found a gray hair when I woke up. Shit. I've also lost a pound. If anyone happens to find it, too bad for you!


Today's food plan:
Omelet with garlic, onion, and some chicken leftovers for brunch.
Some sunflower seeds to snack.
Mahi Mahi stir fry with veggies for dinner.
Water, detox cocktail, and Green Tea to drink.


Things I miss:
Fresh giant strawberries from the Sunday farmer's market


Song of the day:
Nina Simone - Ain't Got No (I Got Life)

No comments: