Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Joshi Detox: Day 7

So this is the end of week 1. It hasn't been easy but, you know what? It hasn't been that hard either. Psychologically, I think this is all about control. I am asserting control over something that the majority of people (myself included) feel powerless to manage. The body is a pretty logical, straightforward meat machine and there is no reason we can't vary the inputs and the amount of load/work (leave the output alone!). It is by sheer will that I set my code in motion.


Yesterday, since I skipped breakfast, I had a big lunch. Chicken and tofu stir fry at the cafeteria where I usually eat only salads. I broke passover a few hours early because I had to eat the big meal early and only a salad later on. The stir fry had brown rice and was a reasonably-sized portion.


I felt so full and bloated at the end of the meal. I really could have stopped halfway through and been satisfied. But I needed food in my belly in order to get through the rest of the day. A week out and already developing an aversion to starchy foods. It's like the inverse of being on the Survivor island.



At dinnertime I made myself a nice salad with field greens, carrots, celery, broccoli, and a hint of fresh rosemary.


Current Weight: 182lbs
Composition: Partly Nacho


Today's food plan:
Scrambled eggs with spinach and a touch of rice milk for breakfast.
Salad for lunch.
Grilled chicken breast with brown rice for dinner.
Water and Green Tea to drink.


Things I miss:
Hot Sauce


Song of the day:
Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all that for only 2 or 3 pounds? Not worth it

Gillios said...

Healthy weight loss at a rate of 12 pounds a month is nothing to shake a stick at. Plus, this is on practically no excercise. If I worked out the way I'm supposed to, it'd be more like 5 pounds a week methinks.